LeagueSync.com
LeagueSync Forums - Scoring / Scorecard Questions
League Question - Substitute
I am using your software to track my work golf league - and it is Great!

Previously I have used a custom spreadsheet to handle the hdcp, scoring and communication. I can perform the same tasks now in a fraction of the time - so thank you!

I have a couple questions:

We utilize a two man team format. We have several substitutes that can play for various teams throughout the season. How do I assign the points for the substitute to the individual teams? In the case of a team member that does not attend and doesn't provide a substitute. How can use some "ghost score" for the missing player? If I don't then that team has no chance of recovering the points lost

I would appreciate any insight you can provide.
Author: Mike
13 years ago   2011-05-05
First, thank you!!!

First question: To select which team a sub's points go to is easy. When entering the scorecard, there is the team # field. This field will show the player's default team. This team field will override the player's default team # for this scorecard only. Just enter the team # the sub is playing for. I have leagues that allow a team member from one team to sub for another team.

Example: John Smith plays on Team #7. He is player for Team #3 for this round only as a sub. When entering John's score, the league manager changes the team # from a 7 to a 3. His points for this round only will count toward team #3, not team #7. John's score will be applied to his handicap and his points count toward his personal total points.

Second question: I think I have an idea of what you need. If not, please tell me. You need the ability to make up a score at a later date. This can be done. If the player is missing, just use the 'Card' option as a place holder. Close the round like normal. At the later date when you receive the missing scorecard for the player, just re-open the round. Replace the 'Card' with the player's score and close the round again. The system will update the team scores automatically.

The only part that could require extra work is the handicap if the round is played after the next round. The system will use the handicap the player should have had if he/she played that round. If this is an issue let me know. We are always making changes to try and meet as many requirements of the leagues has we can.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
Sorry. I should have looked at your league's setup first. Since your league uses the Stableford scoring there is no Card option. That is for match play only. You can always just re-open the round and add the score at a later date.Author: Brian H
LeagueSync

Page 1
Please Wait...
Login
Email or League ID
Password
Remember Me
SupportPrivacy PolicyContact UsAdvertise With UsFeaturesAbout Us
2004-13 © LeagueSync.com   All rights reserved.    Version 2.06.02