LeagueSync.com
LeagueSync Forums - Scoring / Scorecard Questions
Individual and team scoring
Ok, 1 question, I think, :-), our league is starting in 3 weeks, I have most of the roster intact, 2 more players needed, when I add a round, then look at the blank score cards, I see match strokes for individual players, in the past our league has given, 1pt for the winner of a match, ie; team#1 player A vs team#5 player B, but we also have a team match play point for the foursome, how is this calculated, there are no team strokes on the card only individual strokes, I hope that you interpret what I am stating, thank you in advanceAuthor: Kevin Egan
10 years ago   2014-03-25
The blank scorecards were intended to for individual match play. Team match play was not thought of when we created the blank scorecards.

Since there a couple of ways to do team match play, how is your league scoring it?
Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
10 years ago   2014-03-26
Each player receives 1 point for individual match, and 1 point is awarded for team match per foursome, strokes for the team match are calculated off the low handicap in the foursome, so there are 3 points per foursome, 6 points available per round. Thank you BrianAuthor: Kevin Egan
10 years ago   2014-03-27
What do you mean by "strokes for the team match are calculated off the low handicap in the foursome"? Match play by the usually definition is most holes won. Are you looking at lowest net or most holes won? I'm assuming most holes won. But I don't want to assume.

Thanks.
Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
10 years ago   2014-03-31
Let me try to explain in the layman most way. it confuses me also, it is what I inherited:
there are two matches going on within the foursome, along with a team match:
up until this point in time we have used half of a players course handicap

in the matches:

Player (1) is a 4 handicap
Player (2) is a 10 handicap

So player (2) would get half of the difference between 10 and 4 , 10-4=6, divided by 2 = 3 a nine hole handicap of 3

Player (3) is an 8 handicap
Player (4) is a 20 handicap

So player (4) would get half of the difference between 20 and 8 , 20-8=12, divide by 2=6 a nine hole handicap of 6

in the team match between the foursome:

Player (1) is a 4 handicap
Player (2) is a 10 handicap
Player (3) is an 8 handicap
Player (4) is a 20 handicap

exactly as stated above

Players 1&3 are on the same team, as are players 2&4

team strokes are given off the low handicap, in this case player (1) is low so he would not get any team strokes.

Player (2) will get the difference between player (1) and player(2)
10-4= 6 divided by 2= 3 to make it a nine hole handicap, so player (2) would get 3 team strokes

Player (3) will get the difference between player (1) and player (3)
8-4=4 divided by 2=2, player (3) will get 2 team strokes

Player (4) will get the difference between player (1) and player (4)
20-4=16 divided by 2=8, player 4 will get 8 team strokes

(right now this is all based on an 18 hole course handicap system, I am changing that to nine hole league specific), which after 2 weeks your software will kick in and we no longer have to deal with the 18 hole handicap.

so hoping that I got that across in the correct manner.

players (1) an (3) are teammates, player (3) will get team strokes
players (2) and (4) would also get teams strokes, hence the statement that we play off the low ball for team strokes.

at the end of the match, there will be two (2) individual match points awarded and one (1) team point awarded.
the other half of the teams will have the same points awarded, so six total point award
Author: Kevin Egan
Sorry Brian, my keyboard froze up, here is the rest of the reply:

at the end of the match, there will be two (2) individual match points awarded and one (1) team point awarded.
the other half of the teams will have the same points awarded, so six total point award for both foursomes that make up two(2) teams, I don't know if any of that make sense, if you need you can email me via my email, and try to figure out another way of an explanation. Thank You very much for your trouble,,,,Kevin
Author: Kevin Egan
I'm going to respond via email to make it easier.Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
Hi Brian H
I would like to see you email response to Kevin Egan 27 days ago.
Thanks Ed
Author: Ed Szymanski
10 years ago   2014-04-28

Page 1
Please Wait...
Login
Email or League ID
Password
Remember Me
SupportPrivacy PolicyContact UsAdvertise With UsFeaturesAbout Us
2004-13 © LeagueSync.com   All rights reserved.    Version 2.06.02