LeagueSync.com
LeagueSync Forums - Scoring / Scorecard Questions
Scores for Handicap Calculation--Please Check Again
I need help again. I was trying to rearrange the players so low handicapped played low handicapped and high played high. When I was doing this I tried to just change a handicap but it didn't work. I then hit update handicap and it seems like it went back to doing only 1 week. Can you redo the handicaps again and then explain in great detail how you change a handicap. I changed it to manual but never figured out where you actually change the handicap.
Author: Kyle
13 years ago   2011-05-01
I went through and figured how to change the handicaps where necessary. I went to round 3 and printed those handicaps. I then went through the 1st and 2nd rounds with the handicap set to manual and re-input the scores where I needed to and the correct handicap came up. I then changed the handicap setting back to automatic. Should everything be OK so I can close the first and second rounds?Author: Kyle
Everything looks good. You can close rounds 1 and 2.

What happen is when the handicap system is set to automatic, any time a scorecard is modified (even an old round). The handicap is recalculated for that round. So, when you edited round #1 in auto, the system recalculated the handicap using round #1 only.

It looks like you fixed it by setting the current round to #3 (#2 or later would work in this case) and updating the handicaps. When the handicap system is in manual mode, the system will use the handicaps displayed on the handicap report page. Regardless of what round is being modified. We are thinking about changing the text for the Handicap system to Automatic or Manual (Fixed). I'm hoping the word Fixed in addition to manual will help. As long as the system is in Manual, the handicaps will not changed. Or I'm open to a better idea.

Just remember to change the Current Round to #3 before adding the next round's scorecard. We did add a warning message to help remind the league managers in case they forget.

Please let me know if you need anything else.
Author: Brian H
LeagueSync

Page 1
Please Wait...
Login
Email or League ID
Password
Remember Me
SupportPrivacy PolicyContact UsAdvertise With UsFeaturesAbout Us
2004-13 © LeagueSync.com   All rights reserved.    Version 2.06.02