LeagueSync.com
LeagueSync Forums - Scoring / Scorecard Questions
Question regarding scoring
Our League is just about to start and we plan on being able to use sub's scores when a regular member is absent. A couple of questions
- How should the sub be entered into the system (member, guest or social) and I assume that their status would be active. The biggest question is how do I (or can I) designate which sub is golfing for which member?
Author: Donna
13 years ago   2011-04-28
When entering the scorecard, the team # defines who the player is playing for. The team # on the player's page is their defined team #. The scorecard's team # will always override the player's defined team.

For example: We have some leagues that allow a backup player (John Smith) on team #5 to play for team #7 when needed. When entering the scorecard for John Smith, the defined team is #5. The league manager will change the team to #7. For this round only, John Smith's score will be applied to team #7's total. The round will still be used in the calculation of John Smith's handicap and overall personal total's.

The system will also allow member's that are not on a team to play with the other players by using the team #0. Team #0 scores do not count toward any team totals. FYI, this is a new feature that no current league is using. If you do use this feature please let me know. We like to make sure the league's using our service do not run into any issues.

As for the member, guest, or social, these are informational only for the leagues. The setting of member, guest, or social does not have an impact on the system.

The last question you had was designating who will sub for who. We found using the team # system is the most flexible. The system will allow team sizes from 1 to a large number. This allows the league manager to have control of where the player's score counts toward. FYI, we have a feature request to allow the teams to have names instead of numbers. I don't this is scheduled to be added for a few months.

Hopefully this has answered your questions. If not please let me know. And will welcome any feedback on the system.
Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
13 years ago   2011-04-28
This I seem to understand. But this means that each sub will have to have a "team #". I can't add team #12 when we only have 11 members on the league and have a schedule for 11 members. If I add a Sub as a team # would this also mean that I would have to change the league preferences for the number of teams? Which means that the Sub would then be in the schedule every week. I would like the Sub's score to count for points for the regular (team) golfer. The sub would establish a handicap and could then golf for anyone else in the league. I am trying to get it more like bowling where a sub established an average and are then able to bowl for anyone and are allowed to help take points. It looks like the #0 option is like a pacer, where as, they just help keep the teams even and do not count toward any scoring.Author: Donna
13 years ago   2011-05-02
Maybe I'm confused about what you are looking for. Do only 11 players play each week? Or does the total # of players change each week (more than 11)? I'm sure we can find a way for this to work cleanly for you. I just need some help understanding it. Could you give me some examples of the round line up you are looking for?Author: Donna
Well the league had a meeting and now it is a moot point. Subs scores will not count. Thanks for all your assistance. I think your web site is awesome .Author: Donna
Our League uses a modified scoring system. When setting the league up the software allowed me to update the number of points allowed for a par, but I needed to increase the number of points for Eagle and 3 under par from 10 to a larger number but when I saved it didn't keep the numbers I had added. is there a maximum limited that the software allows to be added? We normally allow 12 points for an Eagle and some other amount for the 3 under par. Thanks we are looking forward to using your software this year. Author: James Love
12 years ago   2012-01-25
There is a limit of 10 for some reason. The calculation can handle a much larger number. We have increased the limit to 200, but this will not go into effect until our next schedule update which should be within the next 30 days.

For now I have manually modify the values for your league.
LeagueSync
12 years ago   2012-01-25
1) Just getting started with setting up a league. Want to know how best to handle subs? We will have 8 to 10 2-person teams. When setting up subs, do I set them up as "floaters" and then assign them a team # for the week they are sub'ing on a team?

2) Do the matches match handicaps? (i.e. high vs. high, low vs. low)
Author: John Love
12 years ago   2012-04-19
For subs, setup them up as floaters (Team #0). You do not have to change their team # when they sub. When entering the scorecard there is a field for team #. By default this team # is the defined team on the player's setup page. But we allow the league manager to change this field to assign the actual team #. This allows a player from team #4 or a floater to sub for team #2 just by changing the team # field to 2. The team # entered on the scorecard defines which team receives the points.

The schedule has an option to auto assign players to scorecards. This will match handicaps (low vs low, and so on...). But the feature to use the assigned scorecard when entering a scorecard is not finished yet. So, it is up to the league manager to verify who plays who.
LeagueSync
12 years ago   2012-04-19
Thank you for the reply. I'll have to play around with it a bit to see it in action, but it looks like I'll be able to do everything I need.Author: John Love
12 years ago   2012-05-02

Page 1
Please Wait...
Login
Email or League ID
Password
Remember Me
SupportPrivacy PolicyContact UsAdvertise With UsFeaturesAbout Us
2004-13 © LeagueSync.com   All rights reserved.    Version 2.06.02