LeagueSync.com
LeagueSync Forums - General
Forums    >    Website Discussions    >    General
How to handle league which splits the front and back nines in the same outing
Hello,

I have a league which splits the front and back nines each outing. We all arrive at the course at the same time, and half go to the front nine, and half go to the back nine. Then the next week we swap sides. The week after that the groups are completely re-arranged.

Right now I'm trying to use 1 group, 2 divisions, but the auto-populate matches feature doesn't seem to be working. It will only auto populate all 16 players to division I, it won't put any players in division II.

Any suggestions?
Author: Tyler
11 years ago   2013-05-01
The current automatic scheduling will not match your league exactly. Since the entire groups switch between sides. You will have to use the manual scheduling options to set who player who.

There are some many different ways league want to schedule who plays who that our current method does not work for many leagues. We welcome a detailed description of how you would like it to schedule the teams. A major rewrite is planned for the scheduler.

Thank you.
Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
11 years ago   2013-05-02
Hi Brian,

Here is what I would ideally want.

Keep the same 1 group, two division format, with front and back nine.
Step 1)
Randomly distribute players to both divisions and teams/ matches (not based on skill). If anything try to level out the teams/ matches so that skill is evenly divided among all of the group (put some good players with some bad players, don't make team/match 1 the best players, and team/match 4 the worst players etc).
Step 2)
For the following week, keep the same divisions, but swap the front and back nine holes. And also mix up the teams/matches within the division.
Step 3) After each division has played both front and back nine (week 3), completely re-randomize the divisions to mix it up. Then repeat step 2 (week 4).

Do this over and over until the end of the season.

My league really likes this website! Keep up the good work.
Author: Tyler
11 years ago   2013-05-03
Thanks for the info.Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
11 years ago   2013-05-04
Any update to this method?? One league that splits the front and back nine each week?Author: Tracey Cadden
9 years ago   2015-05-04
The current methods for how a league splits between front and back have had no improves. No new improves will be released until the new version. Which still has a lot of work to go.Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
9 years ago   2015-05-04

Page 1
Please Wait...
Login
Email or League ID
Password
Remember Me
SupportPrivacy PolicyContact UsAdvertise With UsFeaturesAbout Us
2004-13 © LeagueSync.com   All rights reserved.    Version 2.06.02