LeagueSync.com
LeagueSync Forums - Scheduling Questions
Forums    >    Website Discussions    >    Scheduling Questions
Auto-generate pairing by handicap
Our league is setup such that we decide on a team vs. team schedule for all of the weeks in our season. Each week, the team captain picks 4 players from his team to play in the upcoming round (based on availability, strategy, the phase of the moon, etc.) and sorts them by handicap. Once each team captain has set their lineup...the pairings are determined by the handicap sort (ie. "Team A lowest handicap" vs. "Team B lowest handicap").

I've tried to figure out a way to make this happen in LeagueSync automatically, but it doesn't appear to be an option that I can find. The Auto Schedule options don't seem to do what is needed.

Am I missing something or is this just not implemented?
-Byron
Author: Byron Reams
11 years ago   2013-04-29
The system will automatically pair team members based on handicaps. Since your league constantly changes which players are playing, I would recommend using the Available setting. Each player has an Available flag used by the schedule to know if the person is available for this week. It requires a few manual steps at this point.

On the player list is a Mass Edit button. This will show a list of players and allow a manager to set who is available that week. Next step is to update the scorecard assignments under schedule. Click Edit Schedule under the schedule menu, then click Setup Matches. Make sure you have the correct round select. Now click Auto Scorecard Assignments at the bottom of the page. This will select players based on their available status match them based on handicap.

Let us know if you have more questions on this.
Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
11 years ago   2013-04-29
Thanks Brian. That seems to work pretty well when all "available" players have an established handicap. Looks like when we have new players where the handicap is N/A, it sorts those as if the handicap is 0 rather than a high number. For our purposes, we would sort it as if the N/A handicap were a high number. Any way to fix that (ie. could I give those new players an arbitrarily large handicap for pairing purposes, then remove the handicap before I enter their first score?).Author: Byron Reams
11 years ago   2013-04-30
I good point. I will look into it.Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
11 years ago   2013-04-30
Just found this website and trying to determine if it will work for our league by reading.

One question I have that is related (although opposite) of the question posed here: is there a way to define A, B, and C players on a team that will play A, B, and C players on an opposing team. Our league has 3 members on a team consisting of an A, a B, and a C golfer which is determined by initial handicap. The C golfer will always play another C golfer, even if his handicap drops below his teammate B golfer. Likewise, a sub for the C golfer will still play the C golfer regardless of handicap. Can this software handle that?
Author: Jason Dendinger
10 years ago   2014-03-06
Yes and No. If there are only three players per team, then the schedule will automatically assign lowest two players, then next lowest two, and so on. If there are more players, then it is more difficult. Some of the features that would make this easier will not be available until we release the new version of the website. Which will be next year at this point.Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
10 years ago   2014-03-12

Page 1
Please Wait...
Login
Email or League ID
Password
Remember Me
SupportPrivacy PolicyContact UsAdvertise With UsFeaturesAbout Us
2004-13 © LeagueSync.com   All rights reserved.    Version 2.06.02