LeagueSync.com
LeagueSync Forums - Bugs / Issues
Forums    >    Website Discussions    >    Bugs / Issues
point total in NEW team match incorrect
Thank you so much for providing the NEW Team Match play option, very nice. One thing i found is that the points are not adding up correctly. We award 2 points per hole for each team with split points on ties. We split one hole with our opponents and the points should have been awarded as a 9 to 9 tie but the card shows 8 to 10. Looks like it is not adding the split points correctly?

Also, this is really a request and not a bug, but it would be nice to award additional points to a team for reasons that can include the following:
If a league member plays he is awarded an additional point for their team for showing up. If both players show up for a given team they get 2 additional points. If 2 subs are used for a given team they are awarded zero points, along with no shows. Could you add this capability to the Team Match options?

Thanks again and GREAT WORK!!!!!! Really love your website!
Kevin
Author: Kevin McGee
11 years ago   2013-04-26
Can you tell me which scorecard and hole? The point splitting is working because of the testing we have done with other leagues. It could be an issue with the course or tees. Let me know which card and we get the issue resolved quickly.

Good feature request. Here is a trick to enter extra points for now. Enable the manual scoring method. When manual scoring is enabled, you can edit the points earned by a team or player. After closing a round, you could add the extra points to the team's total points. On the manager tasks page is view/edit points under the scorecard section. Again this only appears if manual scoring is enabled. Also, when a round is closed, the points will be reset. So, add the extra points after closing the round.

Thanks on the feedback!!!
Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
11 years ago   2013-04-26
Thanks for the quick reply on both issues. The score card that had team 8 against team 1 (Kevin/Todd - Bob/Don) and it is the last hole (9). When you look at the team score card it shows 1.00 point for us and 1.00 point for them which should have given a split point total of 9 to 9, but the totals are even numbers (10 - 12).

Oh Ok. Thank you for explaining how to add additional points. Much appreciated.

Again, Great Job on the website, we really love it!
Kevin
11 years ago   2013-04-29
Here is how the system is scoring the card for hole #9.

Team #8 has a combine strokes of 11. Team #1 has 10 strokes.

Now the handicap difference between the two teams is 3 (16 minus 13). So, team #8 gets a strokes on holes 8, 3, and 9.

With the handicap stroke on hole #9, the teams are ties 10 (11-1) vs 10.

Let me know if this is difference from your league's method.

And thanks on the feedback!!!
Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
Brian,

I figured it out, i think we selected the incorrect thing under league settings. once i changed that and reran all points came out correct.

Thanks again for all your help.
Kevin
Brian,

regarding the workaround for extra points, i tried to set to manual after closing the round but when i go to add points it shows the matches and has all zeros listed. Add when i add a 1 point to each person that is a member it doesnt change the teams total points. Am i doing something wrong for this work?

Thanks again for your help.
Kevin
No. It's something we overlooked. The fix will uploaded shortly.Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
The issue has been fixed.Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
11 years ago   2013-05-02

Page 1
Please Wait...