LeagueSync.com
LeagueSync Forums - Scheduling Questions
Forums    >    Website Discussions    >    Scheduling Questions
Schedule for an entire season
I'm a little confused about how the scheduling works. Is there a way to tell the system to create a season for a given number of weeks and it sets the whole schedule or do you have to add each round individually? The reason that I ask is that it seems like the matchups may not come out evenly if it doesn't know how many weeks to make the schedule for.

If adding each invididual round is the only way to go, is it meant to add a round only after the preceding round is complete or do you go ahead and add your full season right from the start?

Thanks
Author: Jason Schwartz
11 years ago   2013-04-25
One last question, is it possible to auto assign the scorecard so that partners on the same team (2 man teams) are always paired up together? That's typically how our league has always filled out the cards since we do team match play. Thanks
The season as to be created one week at a time. Creating the entire schedule at once cause too much confusion. Also, if you want everyone to play each other team once, then the # of weeks is the # of teams minus one.

You can create the entire schedule before the first round. That does not cause any issues.

The auto assignment will always keep the team members on the same scorecard.
Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
I'm having trouble getting it to assign the 2 team members to the same scorecard unless I'm not understanding how this works correctly. We are using the newly created team combined match play with handicaps combined and applied to total team score. I checked both "auto assign players to scorecard" as well as "create team vs. team matchups". Am I doing this correctly? When I look at the scorecards it appears to still be matching the A and B players from each team against each other and applying the handicap on an individual basis.

In regards to the new team combined matchplay with combined handicaps, will the system treat each team handicap as 1? For example, say team A has a combined handicap of 10 and team B has a combined handicap of 5. Will it give team A 5 strokes on the toughest holes? That is what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the help. I'm really liking the site so far.
11 years ago   2013-04-29
The scorecard assignments with match A players and B players for combined match. We did this because we needed to pick some method to match. Is there something different you wanted?

With the option apply handicaps set to after combining scores, then yes. The system will apply the team's combined handicap differences to the toughest holes.
LeagueSync
11 years ago   2013-04-29
I was looking for Team A player 1 and 2 followed by Team B player 1 and 2. As long as the system does the scoring correctly I guess it really doesn't matter. I haven't entered our scores yet from week1 so I'll give that a shot and see what happens.

I was confused by the layout of the scorecard because it was showing the holes where each player would get a stroke as if the handicap was assigned to each individual. I guess I was looking for the holes where the team with the highest handicap would get strokes. Again, all that I really care about is that the scoring works correctly.
11 years ago   2013-04-30
The printed scorecard does not know how to show the combined team strokes. The scoring method is correct. It's just missing from the printed cards. We were trying to get the scoring method release. At some point we will go back and update how the scorecards show the combined team strokes.
LeagueSync
11 years ago   2013-04-30

Page 1
Please Wait...
Login
Email or League ID
Password
Remember Me
SupportPrivacy PolicyContact UsAdvertise With UsFeaturesAbout Us
2004-13 © LeagueSync.com   All rights reserved.    Version 2.06.02