LeagueSync.com
LeagueSync Forums - Scoring / Scorecard Questions
Scorecards with Multiple Team Members
We have teams with (3 to 4) players where only (2) play each week. In setting up the scorecards, what access does an individual have to edit their team participants each week? Can you add Team Captain?

For example, John, Mary, and Bob form Team #1. Week #1 it's John and Mary; Week #2 it's Bob and Mary. As the league manager I can change the players, but for (12) teams each week for (16) weeks could be a lot of effort. Can Bob access his team and set the players each week? This would help when there are substiutions or last minute changes.

What is best practice?
Author: Michael Kampa
11 years ago   2013-04-11
Currently league managers can only edit scorecards or make changes. The mobile web app is going to allow players to enter the scorecards on the course. This way league managers are approving scorecards, not entering them.

The typical method is to make the team captains managers of the league. A league can have a large number of managers.

Long term we are planning on improving this.
Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
11 years ago   2013-04-11
Wonderful. When will the mobile app be available? How does one get it? Thanks in advance!Author: Michael Kampa
11 years ago   2013-04-12
The original plan was this spring. But the development platform and concept testing took longer than planned. We are still hoping to beta test this summer with some leagues.
LeagueSync
11 years ago   2013-04-12
Brian, not to hijack this thread but i have a question that is related to the above....I have a similar situation as above. We have one team that has 5 rotating guys. Every week its two different guys. So what i did is list every team member as a sub and each week i grab which guys that are playing. I thought this would work fine but as i closed the round tonight for our first night i realized that none of the points that were awarded in the match for that team were figured in the standings....in fact that team isnt even listed in the standings....any idea why? is there something i'm doing wrong ?Author: Adam Wszola
11 years ago   2013-04-16
It's a common misunderstanding with subs. The team # on the scorecard defines which team is awarded the points. This team # overrides the player's default team #. So when you enter the scorecard, you need to change the team # from 0 (sub) to the actual team # they are playing for.

We developed this system to allow a team member from one team to sub for another team for one round. It is common in some league where a team has more than 2 players and one of the non-playing team members wants to play for another team that week.

Let me know if you have more questions on this.
LeagueSync
11 years ago   2013-04-17

Page 1
Please Wait...
Login
Email or League ID
Password
Remember Me
SupportPrivacy PolicyContact UsAdvertise With UsFeaturesAbout Us
2004-13 © LeagueSync.com   All rights reserved.    Version 2.06.02