LeagueSync.com
LeagueSync Forums - Scoring / Scorecard Questions
Individual & Team
I am just setting my league up after already playing 14 weeks because I need a good program and I'm tired of using an excel program. I set up Match Play and thought I did it correctly but it's not giving enought points. We have two member teams, one male and one female. We score: Match Play Individual for each male and female match for 1 point each, Individual Stroke Play for each male and female match for 1 point each and then Team Stroke Play for one point total for the team for a grand total of 5 points possible per night. This program doesn't seem to be adding the team point. Help please?!?! I really want to get this set up and entered for our current season so I'm fully ready for next year!Author: Deb Amundson
12 years ago   2012-08-14
The issue is the default settings of the reports showing total scores. The default is set to no decimal points, so the report is rounding up the half points. I changed your point reports to show the decimal point (0.0).

Another possible area of confusion is the points shown on the scorecard page. The scorecard point totals only show the individual points. Team points are not shown on the scorecard because in some leagues we cannot split the points evenly between players. The team points are included in any team report.

I hope this answers your questions. If not, let us know. And we hope you continue to use us.
Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
Brian, This worked and I see the points correctly. The only thing I would like to see differently in the future is that we do absentee players as 0 points and the players who play against them as they have to score a total of 2 points within their own average to get 1 point, 1 point automatically and 1 point team if total is within 4 points of total. This option is not available however I was able to check both match play and manual so I can go in and change the scores for this. Maybe this could be an option in the future?Author: Deb Amundson
With this scoring option for players who have to play absent players or even blind, they would have the option of earning full points but they don't get them automatically. In my leagues case 5 points total.Author: Deb Amundson
There is a manual fix to how your subs points are awarded. If you also enable manual points under Scoring Methods in League Preferences, this will allow you to modify the points awarded after closing the round. Once manual is enabled, an option 'View/Edit Points' under Scorecards on the Manager Tasks will appear. Remember to modify the points after closing the round, since closing a round could reset any point modifications.

We added this option because of all the different methods of scoring and how subs are handled.
Author: Brian H
LeagueSync

Page 1
Please Wait...
Login
Email or League ID
Password
Remember Me
SupportPrivacy PolicyContact UsAdvertise With UsFeaturesAbout Us
2004-13 © LeagueSync.com   All rights reserved.    Version 2.06.02