LeagueSync.com
LeagueSync Forums - General
Forums    >    Website Discussions    >    General
Team scoring
Will this system allow for our scoring where the lowest score from each two man team is the score that's recorded? There is no head to head play. 2 points for the team that wins the hole & 2 points for total on the round.
Also when I log in I get the message below. We haven't played so how can I close a round?
WARNING: Results Incomplete - League Manager has not closed all rounds
There are also other warnings saying I have not completed tasks. I am confused.
Author: doug huberty
12 years ago   2012-04-11
For the scoring are you looking for "Best Ball" play? If so, that will be ready within a week.

As for the warning message, that is displayed if showing total points that include a round that has not been closed. The final point totals are not calculated until a round is closed. This message is normal until the first round is entered.
Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
Each player plays his own ball all the way. The lowest score of the two on a team is recorded. Is this what you call best ball? Author: doug huberty
Here is a description of best ball scoring. Let me know if this matches your requirements.

http://www.leaguesync.com/features/scoring_methods/bestball
LeagueSync
Only difference is the 2 points given for low net but I can live with it. So how do I set it up & where did you find that example? I have not seen it on the site.Author: doug huberty
Just setup your league as match play with the points you want. I can switch it to best ball for you. Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
12 years ago   2012-04-12
I think I have the league set up but I have a lot of questions & am not sure about many things. Can you look at it & tell me if it's ok. Truly I feel lost & unsure if it's going to work.Author: doug huberty
I looked at your league. The scoring I changed to Best Ball for you and setup the points per your previous posts. Overall the league looks good.

I did want to double check how you wish to do your handicaps. Just to make sure you get the results required.

I'm sorry for the confusion. Please let us know any questions you may have. Also you can email support @ leaguesync for direct support if you wish.
LeagueSync
We have a bunch of fairly poor golfers that rarely break 100 on 18. Also a few better players. Last year I used a different program & it was set up to limit the strokes over par that could be recorded on a hole to 3 .
This had the effect of bunching everyone tighter together in handicap. We just need to have the handicap reflect the players capability. We also have a league rule that a team cannot get more than one stroke per hole. Will this system work for this?
To limit a player to 3 strokes over par is an option that can be turned on or off through Stroke Control under the handicap settings. By default stroke control is off.

I want to understand your rule where a team gets only one stroke per hole. Normally in Best Ball a player's handicap is applied to the strokes on the hole before comparing who had the lowest strokes. I'm not sure how you limit a team to one stroke per hole. Is your league limiting what a player gets for handicap strokes per hole? More information would be helpful. Thanks.
LeagueSync

We have had occasions in past years where a team would have to give 12 or more strokes for a round. Consensus was that this was too much. Perhaps the consensus was wrong, it is what it is. I will talk to members about this before we do anything more. The object is to level the playing field right?
12 years ago   2012-04-13
A level playing field is important to make the game competitive and enjoyable for everyone. As a FYI the handicap is designed to make all players equal. As long as fair handicap rules are set, everyone should be playing equal. Of course from past experience its hard for a player to give 2 strokes on a hole to another player. An 8 handicap player should give a 26 handicap player 2 strokes per hole. Otherwise the 26 handicap player is at a disadvantage.

Let me know if I can help.
LeagueSync
You've been very responsive & helpfulAuthor: doug huberty
Brian, I have been trying to set up my league scoring exactly as you have shown in the link above. Can't seem to find the best ball feature though. Can you help me out?Author: Jerry Lavy
12 years ago   2012-04-14
I switch your league to Best Ball. We are about 2 days away from making this a public option.

Let me know if you need anything else.
LeagueSync
12 years ago   2012-04-15
Thanks!Author: Jerry Lavy
12 years ago   2012-04-17
Is there a place to select best ball now?Author: doug huberty
12 years ago   2012-04-28

Page 1
Please Wait...
Login
Email or League ID