LeagueSync.com
LeagueSync Forums - Scoring / Scorecard Questions
Questions
#1 - if a player doesn't show and has no sub, what should be used for points - can you enter a forfeit if so, how?

#2 - phantom teams (not enough players on league) what scoring method do you suggest?
Author: Carolyn
13 years ago   2011-05-14
Question #1: If a player is missing, the option is to have the player play against the 'Card - Missing Opponent'. The rules on how to play against the Card are defined under League Preferences and Scoring. Currently you have the Missing Opponent set to forfeit there points. When entering the scorecard, there is a button labeled with a 'C' to the left of the player's name. Click this button on the line for the missing opponent. The other player will receive all the points.

Question #2: Currently the phantom team is handled by playing against the Card. Problem is your league has the card configured for the other player to get the full points. We did not think of a case where both methods would be needed at the same time. I have added the Phantom team to the feature request system. Let me know if this causes problems for your league.
Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
13 years ago   2011-05-14
Hi Brian, so let me get this straight if I use the Card-Missing Opponent for a "no show" then they forfeit but I can't change it for a phantom team - so I should just randomly select a scorecard to use? Make sense? I cant do both.Author: Carolyn
13 years ago   2011-05-16
It is possible to use both methods as long as on different scorecards. Example: The Card method could be set to forfeit for missing a player on one scorecard. Then edit the League preferences to switch the Card method to calculate like a phantom team. Now enter the scorecard that requires the phantom team.

The points per hole is calculated when the scorecard is entered. So as long as a scorecard is not modified again, the points per hole will not change if the League preferences are changed.

I hope this can help you until we can get the phantom team added to the system.
LeagueSync
13 years ago   2011-05-16
Brian, when we have a player not show up and they don't get a sub, we consider that person blind for that round and they receive a flat 27 points. We don't want the software to count the score as a round. Is there someway the software accounts for this already? For example in our second round I had a sub for me that wound up not being able to make it so I was considered blind and I added scores in to make it equal 27 points but the software is going to count it as a round which we would prefer that it not. Author: James Love
12 years ago   2012-04-04
There are a couple of different ways that we can handle this. Does the 27 points count toward team and individual totals or just team points?Author: Brian H
LeagueSync
the 27 points would be just towards the team total that week. But not the individuals total for the week or year.Author: James Love
That is no problem. Create a new player called "Blind" (or what ever) with team #0. Set "Blind" to manual handicap with a handicap of zero. Now use "Blind" for the missing player on the scorecard. Changed the team # from 0 to the correct team #. The scorecard's team # will always override the player's team #. For the strokes enter 1 over par for each hole. That will give 27 points to the team # on the scorecard. You can use the "Blind" player more than once per week. The only possible issue is the "Blind" player will show up on the Individual Total Reports.

If you need any help in setting this up, let me know.
LeagueSync
Seems to be working. Thanks againAuthor: James Love
12 years ago   2012-04-06

Page 1
Please Wait...
Login
Email or League ID
Password
Remember Me
SupportPrivacy PolicyContact UsAdvertise With UsFeaturesAbout Us